Experimental Studies & Analyses of Granule Microstructure
Here, we are working to understand the effect of granulation process parameters on granule content uniformity and dissolution and its subsequent effect on tablet properties (microstructure and dissolution). We are aiming to decouple the effects of segregation, preferential wetting and drug migration to be able to design and engineer optimal granules to influence and obtain quality tablets with desired properties.
- S. Wu, S. Panikar, J. Zhang, R. Singh, B. Glasser, R. Ramachandran. A systematic framework to monitor mulling processes using Near Infrared spectroscopy. Advanced Powder Technology, Accepted, 2016.
- M. Adepu, S. Hate, A. Betard, S. Oka, M. Schongut, Y. Sood, F. Stepanek, F. Muzzio, D. Wolf, S. Wieland, B. Glasser, R. Ramachandran. Quantitative validation of the regime map approach for the wet granulation of industrially relevant zirconium hydroxide powders. Powder Technology, vol, 177-184, 2016.
- S. Oka, H Emady, O. Kaspar, V. Tokarova, F. Muzzio, F. Stepanek, R. Ramachandran. The effects of improper mixing and preferential wetting of active and excipient ingredients on content uniformity in high shear wet granulation. Powder Technology, 266-277, 2015.
- S. Oka, O. Kaspar, V. Tokarova, K. Sowrirajan, H. Wu, M. Khan, F. Muzzio, F. Stepanek, R. Ramachandran. A quantitative study of the effect of process parameters on key granule characteristics in a high shear wet granulation process. Advanced Powder Technology, 26(1), 315-322, 2015.
- J. Zhang, Y. Ying, B. Pielecha-Safira, E. Bilgili, R. Ramachandran, R. Rodolfo, R. Dave, Z. Iqbal. Raman spectroscopy for in-line and off-line quantification of poorly soluble drugs in strip films. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 475 (1-2):428-437, 2014.
- O. Kaspar, V. Tokarova, S. Oka, K. Sowrirajan, R. Ramachandran, F. Stepanek, Combined UV/vis and micro-tomography investigation of acetaminophen dissolution from granules. International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 458(2), 272-281, 2013.